West Point Fire Department
|Posted on 8 March, 2016 at 11:55|
Reminder: Open Burning Ban
March - April - May
6am to 6pm
Ohio Revised Code 1503.18 Ohio DNR Forestry prohibits outdoor open burning and prescribed fires in the months of March, April, May, October, and November between 6am and 6pm. This ban includes burning of yard waste, trash, and debris, even in a proper burn barrel.
Even outside the time and date restrictions, any person conducting a burn must obtain landowner permission, remain with the fire while it is burning, and take all reasonable precautions to prevent the fire from escaping.
Ohio Administrative Code 3745.19 is enforced by the Ohio EPA. Notification is required for many types of open burns in Ohio.
NEVER to be burned at any time or any place in Ohio:
- Food waste
- Dead animals
- Materials containing rubber, grease, asphalt, or made from petroleum
- Fires must be more than 1000 feet from neighbor’s inhabited building
- No burning when air pollution alert, warning, or emergency is in effect
- Fire/smoke cannot obscure visibility on roadway, railways, or airfields
- No waste generated off the premises may be burned
- No burning within village or city limits or restricted areas